1. Who are we?
We are IKO nv. We have our registered office at Antwerp and our principal place of business at d’Herbouvillekaai 80, 2020 Antwerp, Belgium. We are registered with the Kamer van Koophandel Antwerpen under company number BE0406.317.459.
In the context of our activities we collect, hold, disclose and/or otherwise process personal data. Pursuant to applicable data protection and privacy legislation, we qualify as the controller with respect to the personal data that we process jointly with IC Solutions bvba, the website hosting provider.
2. We know your privacy is important to you
We value your right to privacy and strive to protect your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection legislation and more specifically with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and its national implementing legislation.
Note: This does not constitute your ‘consent’ to the processing of your personal data. We do not process your personal data on the basis of your consent, unless specifically indicated.
3. Whose personal data do we collect?
We collect personal data from
- Our website visitors. When filling in our registration forms, contact forms or by registration for our “My IKO” space on the website. MY IKO is a private communication platform on the website.
- People we meet at for example (network)events and fairs.
In the context of our services, we may collect personal data relating to our customers, contacts or visitors of our website.
4. How do we collect personal data relating to you?
We may collect information about you in various ways:
- Directly from contacts, for example when meeting contacts at a fair or at events, data coming from a business card or data given orally to us will be processed by our CRM system.
- Directly from you when you visit our website (https://be.iko.com), which may include information you provide to us by means of contact forms or registration forms.
- (Purchase) data files from other companies/customers. This data will be processed by our CRM system.
5. What personal data do we collect and for what purposes do we use your personal data?
We collect the following information about you and we use it for the following purposes:
|your identification and contact information (name, address, telephone number, email address or other contact details)||· customer administration
· for marketing purposes like mailings, calls,…
|your IP address and surfing behavior||· to improve our services and the quality thereof
· to improve our website
For the processing of your identification and contact information for the purpose of
- Customer administration, for which we rely on the execution of our contract.
- Marketing (through non-electronic means or telephone calls) purposes, we rely upon our legitimate interest for your consent. Please do note you have the right to opt-out any time (see below).
- Electronic direct Marketing (mailings). We note that you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You may do so by E-mail (via firstname.lastname@example.org) or by filling in our contact form on https://be.iko.com stating that you would like to withdraw your consent. When receiving a mailing you can withdraw via the unsubscribe button included in the mailing.
6. With whom do we share your personal data?
In the context of the purposes as listed above, we may share your personal data with third parties, such as service providers we use (e.g. IT service providers or marketing agencies).
We will ensure that, where relevant, contractual safeguards are implemented to ensure the protection of your personal data when disclosing your personal data to a third party. For example, we will enter into data processing agreements with relevant parties (providing for restrictions on the use of your personal data and obligations with respect to the protection and security of your personal data).
Your personal data and/or personal profiles shall not be rented, nor sold to third parties without your prior explicit consent.
7. How long do we store your personal data
Your personal data will not be stored for longer than is necessary in relation to the purposes for which we process them (we refer to the purposes as listed above in paragraph 5). Only where we are legally obliged to, or where this is necessary for defending our interests in the context of judicial proceedings (e.g. in case of a dispute), we will store the personal data for longer periods.
More specifically, the following storage periods apply:
|Personal data||Storage period|
|name, address, telephone number, email address or other contact details||2 years|
|IP address and surfing behavior||2 years|
8. How do we protect your personal data?
We will implement the necessary administrative, technical and organisational measures for ensuring a level of security appropriate to the specific risks that we have identified. We protect your personal data against destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of or access to personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed. More specifically, we have taken the following measures: SSL for data transport.
Further, we seek to ensure that we keep your personal data accurate and up to date. In view thereof, we kindly request you to inform us of any changes to your personal data (such as a change in your contact details).
9. What are your rights and how you can exercise them?
You have the right to:
- information about and access to your personal data;
- rectify your personal data;
- erasure of your personal data (‘right to be forgotten’);
- restriction of processing of your personal data;
- object to the processing of your personal data;
- receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and to (have) transmit(ted) your personal data to another organization.
To read more about these rights, and circumstances under which you can use these rights, in particular your right to object, see appendix 11.
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority relating to the processing of your personal data by us.
|Right to information and right to access your personal data||You may at any time request more information on our processing activities and the personal data that we are keeping from you.|
|Right to rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data of||You have the right to require us to, without undue delay, rectify or complete any of your personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete.|
|Right to deletion of your personal data (‘right to be forgotten’)||You may request us to delete (part of) your personal data in the following situations:
– when the processing is no longer necessary for achieving the purposes for which they we collected or otherwise processed these; or
– when the processing was based on your consent and you have decided to withdraw that consent;
– when you have other reasonable grounds to object to the processing of your personal data;
– when we would unlawfully process your personal data;
-when your personal data have to be erased in compliance with a legal obligation directed to us.
We note that in some case, we may refuse to delete your personal data: (i) for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; (ii) for compliance with a legal obligation; or (iii) for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
|Right to restriction of processing
|You may request us to (temporarily) restrict the processing of your personal data in the following situations:
– when you have contested the accuracy of your personal data, for a period enabling us to verify this accuracy; or
– when the processing appears to be unlawful and you request us the restriction of use of your data instead of the deletion of this data; or
– when we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you need them for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
-pending verification whether our legitimate grounds override yours in the framework of an objection.
|Right to object to the processing of your personal data (free of charge)
|You may under certain circumstances object to the processing of your personal data, when such processing is based on our “legitimate interests”. If we agree, we will no longer process your personal data, unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to do so, or because such a processing is necessary.
Where we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you may at any time object to the processing thereof or withdraw your consent thereto. You also have the right not to be subject to profiling for direct marketing purposes.
|Right to data portability||In some cases, you have the right to receive all your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller. This right applies:
– in case the processing is based on consent or on the necessity for the performance of a contract; and
-in case the processing is carried out by automated means.