Training course introduction
Mechanical attachment + self-adhesive: basic techniques + detailing
IKO Experience Center
Start: 8:30 am
Lunch: will be provided
End: 5 pm
Prior knowledge required?
No prior knowledge required.
- No separate theoretical introduction provided. The theory will be explained during the practical exercise by the instructor.
- Instructor demonstrates the installation method (mechanically attached and self-adhesive systems).
- The student will then practise the installation (mechanically attached and self-adhesive systems).
At the end of this training course, the student will:
- know the various structural components of the flat roof: vapour barrier, insulation and bituminous roof.
- know how the various layers are combined and are installed in the various mechanically attached and self-adhesive roofing systems.
- build up experience in the finishing of various roof details.
What to bring with you?
- Work clothing
- Steel-capped work shoes
- Foldable metre rule
- Chopping knife
- Stanley knife